All donations until 30th November 2020 will go directly to our Covid-19 emergency fund that provides much needed food and supplies to our members through our case work team and partnered sex worker-led organisations. Please give generously to support sex workers in meeting their basic needs to stay safe.
Violent crimes committed against sex workers are often fuelled by stigma. Many are reluctant to report their perpetrators to the police due to fear of being deported or arrested themselves. Every day, sex workers, police and frontline organisations contact NUM with information regarding crimes. We send out tens of thousands of alerts every month via text and email to sex workers across the UK, warning them of potentially dangerous individuals. Help us to continue this vital work in providing resources to aid sex workers in keeping themselves safe.
Make a regular gift:
Supporting NUM with a regular gift is the best way you can help us achieve our long-term goals.
However much you'd like to donate, whether as a single donation or as ongoing support, your money will be going directly to sex workers' safety.
What sex workers say:
- "Another phone call with @NationalUglyMug who are unfailingly helpful, and have exciting things afoot. Fellow workers, if you haven't signed up to their scheme, I urge you to do so." - Amber Black
- "You don't realize the full weight of the terrorism of the judicial/policing system on SWs in the US until you report an escorting rape in France to @NationalUglyMug and they treat you like a human & ask if you want to file a police report. Holy fuck the shit we live with here." - Siren Ernestine
- "Please donate to @NationalUglyMug - they are an invaluable resource for us and genuinely incredibly patient & kind on the phone. <3" - Rachel Rossi
What will your funds go towards?
- Providing alerts to sex workers about potentially dangerous individuasls
- Supporting sex workers who have experienced crime to cope and recover; with a victim-centred approach, facilitating counselling services and criminal justice access if they choose to pursue these paths;
- Developing sex-worker led community education packages for police forces and support services to reduce stigma and increasing knowledge and understanding;
- Continuing our work to advocate for the safety and rights of sex workers within law and policy in the UK.
Fundraise for us:
There are many ways that you can be involved in supporting our work. Below we have put together some ideas:
Set yourself a challenge by running a 5K, 10K, half marathom or even a full 26.2 miles! If you’re interested in running or cycling with the NUM team, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll keep you updated with events we’re involved in throughout the year.
Feeling inspired by Bake Off? Put your baking skills to the test by holding a coffee morning with friends or colleagues. It’s a fun way to spread the word about NUM and reduce stigma against sex workers. Get local businesses involved by seeing if they want to donate any stock.
Help fundraise towards our life-saving work. Join a local indoor swimming event or brave the outdoors like our team did ().
“The water was freezing, but it was worth it! I used social media to keep my supporters up to date with my event, it felt amazing knowing the money we raised would help fund such a vital project.” Elliot - Ulswater swimmer
You can also donate (anonymously) via JustGiving or EasyFundraising, or select us as your charity of choice through Amazon Smile.