Violent crimes committed against sex workers are often fuelled by stigma. Many are reluctant to report their perpetrators to the police due to fear of being deported or arrested themselves. We send out tens of thousands of alerts every month via text and email to sex workers across the UK, warning them of potentially dangerous individuals. Help us to continue this vital work in providing resources to aid sex workers in keeping themselves safe.
All donations until 30th November 2020 will go directly to our Covid-19 emergency fund that provides much needed food and supplies to our members through our case work team and partnered sex worker-led organisations.
Make a regular gift:
Supporting NUM with a regular gift is the best way you can help us achieve our long-term goals.
However much you'd like to donate, whether as a single donation or as ongoing support, your money will be going directly to sex workers' safety.
What sex workers say:
- "Another phone call with @NationalUglyMug who are unfailingly helpful, and have exciting things afoot. Fellow workers, if you haven't signed up to their scheme, I urge you to do so." - Amber Black
- "You don't realize the full weight of the terrorism of the judicial/policing system on SWs in the US until you report an escorting rape in France to @NationalUglyMug and they treat you like a human & ask if you want to file a police report. Holy fuck the shit we live with here." - Siren Ernestine
- "Please donate to @NationalUglyMug - they are an invaluable resource for us and genuinely incredibly patient & kind on the phone. <3" - Rachel Rossi
What will your funds go towards?
- Providing alerts to sex workers about potentially dangerous individuasls
- Supporting sex workers who have experienced crime to cope and recover; with a victim-centred approach, facilitating counselling services and criminal justice access if they choose to pursue these paths;
- Developing sex-worker led community education packages for police forces and support services to reduce stigma and increasing knowledge and understanding;
- Continuing our work to advocate for the safety and rights of sex workers within law and policy in the UK.
You can also donate (anonymously) via JustGiving or EasyFundraising, or select us as your charity of choice through Amazon Smile.