At NUM, we recognise the barriers that sex workers may face in seeking mental health support. We understand the need for and importance of affirming, understanding and informed health care, and the possible harms that may result when sex workers are unable to access this.
Our Research and Development Team (R&D) of industry experts have partnered with a mental health therapist to produce materials specifically aimed at sex workers, tackling key issues faced by the sex work community in a supportive way. We will continue to update this page as new materials and resources are produced.
NUM Case Work Support
- In addition to case work support for sex workers who are victims of crime in the course of their work, our case workers are also able to provide support for sex workers facing hardship as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Grief and Loss Resources:
Suicide Awareness and Prevention Resources:
Sex Worker-Friendly Therapists Directory:
Mental Health Support Sessions
Join us for a variety of support sessions run by sex worker-friendly therapists to explore strategies and advice to improve your wellbeing!
- Thursday 18th February, 6pm: Emotional regulations and how to look after your mental health, with Silva Neves.
- Thursday 4th March, 7.30pm: An introduction to Solution-focused Hypnotherapy, for dealing with Stress, Anxiety & Depression, with George Lewis
- Thursday 18th March, 6pm: Understanding Grief and Loss, with Silva Neves
- Tuesday 27th April, 6pm: Introduction to Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Skills for Surviving a Crisis, with Sophia Graham
- Wednesday 5th May, 7pm: Sex Worker Friendly Therapy: What does this look like?, with Fiona Gilbertson